I can't get updateTextArea to work

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM

I'm sorry to have to ask, I am sure this is very easy and it is just me being dim.

I have JHtmlArea plugged into a form and all working fine.  But I am using this on an asp update page so I have to update the textarea from the htmlarea, before submission, and I am struggling to do this.  I would love to do it onSubmit of the form and tried with an onClick of the submit button with the submit action tacked on.  That failed.  I tried creating a separate form button with without the submit, again that failed.

So, now I am trying with a custom button,  again without success.  I tried substituting the updateTextArea() code with updateHtmlArea() and that works just fine. So, it is only the updateTextArea() that isn't working.

My page is here http://62.233.100.75/$sitepreview/notworkers.co.uk/admin/edit.asp and the custom button is the end one with the exclamation mark.

Any method for updating the textarea would be fine ... I just need one that works.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have been tearing my hair out with this all day!

Many thanks

Karen

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:42 PM

Yep, it was me being dim.

Please just ignore this request!