Discussions under General

Read More Button Option

first post: ChetanMani wrote: Hello, I was working a on project and i am using jHtmlarea as the...

Visual Studio LightSwitch 2013 HTML Client

first post: rbigelow wrote: The documentation is great, and easy to follow for a standard websi...

latest post: rbigelow wrote: All right, I found the problem. the deafult.htm file in my project ...

answered by: rbigelow wrote: All right, I found the problem. the deafult.htm file in my project ...

Adding Background to the Text containing Div

first post: ChetanMani wrote: Hello Everyone, I would like to know how to add background color t...

Adding Smileys

first post: Hairboy wrote: Hey all, Had a need to add a set of smileys to jHtmlArea for a pro...

onblur onfocus

first post: relipse wrote: As far as I can tell, there is no way to detect onblur or onfocus, ...

latest post: relipse wrote: You can actually use this.editor.body For myself, I implemented thi...

answered by: relipse wrote: You can actually use this.editor.body For myself, I implemented thi...

Limit number of rows

first post: cmusic111 wrote: (Warning - jHtmlArea noob) I need to limit the number of rows/lin...

URL issue in IE 10 for jHTMLArea

first post: dhavaldange wrote: When I set a url for a particular jHTMLArea, it opens on cntrl + cl...

Plain text length issue

first post: dhavaldange wrote: Is there a way we can access the jHTMLArea textbox text only? I mea...

jHTMLArea resizable height

first post: dhavaldange wrote: I have implemented jHTMLArea control for one of my textbox. Now, my...

Dynamic width

first post: sirstruck wrote: Just for future reference, I'm leaving this note. I was trying to...

Upload image - but save image directly in jHtmlArea

first post: palsbo wrote: Having tried several ways to upload and save images in jHtmlArea, I...

latest post: palsbo wrote: Now - without upload! Using HTM5 you can read the local image file...

dynamically changing background css, etc.

first post: gvbrown wrote: Hi,I need to be able to dynamically change the background css, font...

latest post: poosrk wrote: Hello sir, Please give me suggestion for how to put the external o...

How can trim the whitespaces from beginning and end

first post: bhardwaj wrote: Plz sugest for the same.

Get contains TextArea for Html Editor in asp.net

first post: vanponte wrote: I´m working with asp.net. In html I added a texarea with a toolbar...

Paste only plain text

first post: WGA wrote: How can I force plain text when user paste text content?

latest post: tbradley22 wrote: I'm looking for the same info

default jhtml font-family

first post: cris_ wrote: hi,the default font-family in my jhtml editor is Times, but i need ...

latest post: tbradley22 wrote: you can use jquery to change the default font styling $(".jHtmlArea...

cannot work with jquery1.9.1 and 1.10.2

first post: noznoz7 wrote: I make some web system with jHtmlArea. The page with jquery-1.8.3...

latest post: noznoz7 wrote: Thanks Steffan. I've confirmed new version without jquery-migrate.

Does jHtmlArea has a minimum width? How to change that width?

first post: koosvdkolk wrote: I have a jHtmlArea on my page, inside a table. All content in the t...

rending with width and height zero values

first post: cybermank wrote: Here is my problem, the htmlarea is rending but the toolbars is all...

latest post: codeSprite wrote: Thanks a lot Justin! It was very helpful and you've just saved me a...

Localization

first post: FunkyMonk81 wrote: Does the jhtml editor handle localization? In the future, I would l...

formatting content from Microsoft Word

first post: FunkyMonk81 wrote: Is there a function or a method to format content copied from Word?...

Configure Toolbar Buttons

first post: FunkyMonk81 wrote: When I try to run example from documentation, I dont see toolbar. A...

Onchange event?

first post: koosvdkolk wrote: Short question: Is there a onchange event I can bind to? Koos

latest post: koosvdkolk wrote: This kind of fixes it, but maybe it is not the best solution ``` /...

Automatic <p> & </p>

first post: rpiggott wrote: Is there a way that instead of using <br> for a new line <p> & </p>...

latest post: dunxz wrote: **rpiggott wrote:** > Is there a way that instead of using for a...

Allow for Mutliple ID's and Classes when using more than one instance.

first post: dblu wrote: Maybe this will help someone. I needed two instances, and wanted to...

auto focus in iphone 6.0

first post: biechereran wrote: Hello there, I have tried to detect auto focus after loading and ...

Hide horizontal scroll bar

first post: marcom wrote: Hi all! Is it possible to hide the horizontal scroll bar that appea...

latest post: Solg wrote: Hi, Try this $("#myTextArea").htmlarea({ css:...

problem display 'accent' on editor

first post: forst wrote: Hello all I have a file with extension txt who contain a simple t...

How to focus a editor textarea

first post: jobe451 wrote: I would like to have a focus (text cursor is blinking in editor) on...

latest post: WebDevCA wrote: I don't want to start a new thread since my question is similar but...

drag and drop picture upload for jHtmlArea

first post: joncas wrote: Hello, I am trying to integrate an ajax "drag and drop" image uplo...

Selection of Font-family

first post: pasi wrote: How do I add a button in the toolbar for selection of font-family?B...

latest post: shahidiqbal_se wrote: hi, i have 2 questions 1. do we use Menu for display font names, in...

HTML Area gets disabled and empty when dropped (jQuery Sortable)

first post: pathachiever11 wrote: I'm using jQuery Sortable with jHTMLArea. I basically have DIVs tha...

Tool Bar wrapping strangely

first post: jpotter747 wrote: I have a project that works very nicely (for the most part)In versi...

latest post: pghodgson wrote: Found myself faced with this problem, definitely not a css guru bu...

insert html at select position

first post: chrismogz wrote: Hello, is it possible to insert HTML at select position or wrapped...

Resize Textarea Window

first post: patulrich wrote: Is there an easy way to allow the textarea to resize like this? ht...

latest post: angelxmoreno wrote: I too would like to know how to do this

updateHtmlArea does not seem to be working for me... hel;!

first post: dpluken wrote: I get this error TypeError: $("textarea.item-content").updateHtmlA...

Issue with @ symbol

first post: yads wrote: Firstly, Many thanks for the editor. It's a pretty cool one. I hav...

One control for multiple text areas

first post: blue44 wrote: Hi, I'd like to have a single jHTMLArea control that can edit mult...

Programmatically select a portion of text?

first post: Mathetes wrote: Hi, would it be possible to extend this plugin by adding a method ...

Spellchecker for jHtmlArea

first post: badsyntax wrote: Hi There If anyone is looking for a SpellChecker for jHtmlArea, I ...

carriege returns

first post: jeremyscottbaker wrote: Is it possible to add carriage returns to the html code after each...

IE - undo (ctrl-z) / redo (ctrl-y)

first post: mec88 wrote: Hello, I'm using jHtmlArea in our web application. It works really...

Whitespace in the beginning being trimmed?

first post: ffcorreia wrote: Hi My textarea has sometimes some whitespace at the beginning, whi...

latest post: ffcorreia wrote: I think I've found the source of this. On jHtmlArea-0.7.5.js, aroun...

trying to make style="resize:none" to work with it

first post: plmexico wrote: im try to make style="resize:none" to work with it but it wont l...

Maxlength not respected?

first post: edgeworks wrote: Any way to get the maxlength attribute of the textarea html to work?

form not posting text

first post: caphuff wrote: Just installed jHtmlArea in a form, but it's not submitting the in...

Unnecessary html tags

first post: jvetter713 wrote: In Chrome it is adding all kinds of extra tags and I can't seem to...

Increase/Decrease Font Size does not work in Chrome

first post: LukeSkyWalker2012 wrote: Hello, &#65279; &#65279;&#65279;Increase/Deacrease font size butto...

latest post: jvetter713 wrote: Hey man, Looks like you want to edit increaseFontSize Approximately...

This is not working when targeted within another page.

first post: ipl5981 wrote: Hi, I have a server page default.asp in that there is a <div> tag ...

Using the jHTMLArea in my commercial website

first post: hrajeshkumar wrote: Hi, Is it legally ok to use jHTMLArea in my commercial website ...

Change colors in jHtmlArea.Editor.css

first post: mweissen wrote: At first: thank you for this very good program. My question: I hav...

jHTMLarea input not reaching SQL database

first post: sethczerepak wrote: Thanks for creating this wysiwyg editor. I'm having a challenge ge...

Error 403/501 on submit

first post: paulmestereaga wrote: I have a problem with the editor. When I submit the form with no i...

There is no Table menu on the script

first post: sadimr9 wrote: Hello, I've just configured the script into my little cms program....

Dynamically resize the iframe to the content.

first post: daavem wrote: Hey, Basically what I want to achieve is to have the total height ...

How to dynamically empty the textarea

first post: wpf wrote: Hello, so everything is the title, I have tested all this withou...

latest post: wpf wrote: Hello, thank you, if anybdy have the same problem I had to use th...

HTML1114 error with custom buttons

first post: defne wrote: Hi, When i click on my custom buttons IE throws HTML1114 error. B...

in IE only new line created as <p>

first post: itayher wrote: In Chrome and FF new line (press "Enter" / Carriage return) added a...

latest post: mjjferreira wrote: I have noticed that all jQuery based editor have this behavior, to ...

asp.net UpdatePanel issue in FF and IE

first post: esn wrote: Hi, I have an issue when using ScripManager and UpdatePanel on my...

latest post: mjjferreira wrote: Any news on this subject? I am also facing this issue... :S Miguel

iframe textarea vanishes after load

first post: cafebabe wrote: I have created a simple textarea and then invoked the htmlarea() m...

latest post: cafebabe wrote: Found how to fix this but did not understand the cause yet. When I ...

set TextAreaFor as Html Editor in asp.netMVC

first post: maheswarreddy4 wrote: HI , I am setting textareafor as HTML Editor in Asp.net MVC ...

'clear formatting'

first post: wssda wrote: Hi, Does anyone have some code to create a 'clear formatting' butt...

toolbar grouping moves around

first post: wssda wrote: Hi, I have enough buttons and groupings that the toolbar will wrap...

latest post: wssda wrote: I figured this out. The issue was the ul li:hover style was cre...

a small css request

first post: wssda wrote: When I hover the toolbar it expands by a few pixels, which causes ...

latest post: wssda wrote: I figured this out. The issue was the ul li:hover style was creat...

Upload Image and insert it to textarea

first post: haison8x wrote: I have written some script to support upload image and insert it to...

latest post: wssda wrote: You might also try integrating with uploadify for jQuery. It is gr...

JhtmlArea Dialog fails re-open on multiple click event of button.

first post: rk_muddala wrote: Script call: function Showdialog(id) { glboalid = id; $("#dialog")...

textarea disappears

first post: mac6435 wrote: Ok, so I have created a very basic <textarea id="editor"></textare...

H1,H2... IE

first post: zipzap wrote: The Header section doesnt seem to work in IE .Anyone with the same...

Capture onblur event

first post: cdiguardia wrote: I&acute;m triing to implement an Edit-in place feature using a tex...

How can I make the textarea/jHtmlArea auto-expand as content fills the box?

first post: desbest wrote: How can I make the textarea/jHtmlArea auto-expand as content fills ...

latest post: abhivm wrote: Did anyone find or implement a solution for this? Would appreciate ...

Is jHtmlArea can be intregated with java code

first post: garsr wrote: Can I customize its toolbar that is can I remove the buttons that I...

latest post: crpietschmann wrote: jHtmlArea is a JavaScript component and can not be used in a Java app.

What does mean jHtmlArea.fn.init.prototype = jHtmlArea.fn

first post: mycwcgr wrote: I'm a beginner of Javascript. I can't understand the code jHtmlArea...

latest post: mycwcgr wrote: And more, could you provide some simple explanation for your source...

clear data from jHTMLArea

first post: eyaka1 wrote: I have a jquery-ui dialog opening with a jHTML text area in it.The ...

Keypress in JHtmlArea

first post: sathiya_rr wrote: Team,When i am press enter key in the Html editor, the contents aut...

Aligning images and wrapping text

first post: mcred1013 wrote: I've been fussing with this for a while now and I'm struggling to c...

latest post: HoecusPocus wrote: All sorted. I created an align left, align right and remove Align b...

Problem with keyboard shortcuts

first post: duncanwraight wrote: Hi all, I appear to have installed jHtmlArea correctly - all of the...

how to hide the toolbar in javascript

first post: abdelkader27 wrote: Hi,I want to make a function that hide only the toolbar but i found...

problem with posting data

first post: kieronwallace wrote: Hi all.I am implementing this as part of an MVC2 project and was wo...

latest post: onstottj wrote: [ValidateInput(false)] seems the popular choice for MVC2. If switc...

pre populate the textarea

first post: brimacky wrote: Does anybody know how to pre populate the textarea with data?I have...

latest post: felixperro wrote: This is how I have done it in the past. Set the text attribute of ...

repopulate content

first post: imaimai wrote: I have created an html editor and it is working fine. The one prob...

Does not work on firefox 3.6.3 when inside a jQueryUI dialog (does work on ie7,ie8)

first post: mlang wrote: Below I've included a sample document where the html area is inside...

latest post: junglemason wrote: Hi,I'm having this exact problem with Firefox 5. I am calling html...

script tags in jHtmlArea

first post: hanmari wrote: Is it possible to retain script tags in the jHtmlArea rich text edi...

latest post: hanmari wrote: I suppose I should clarify. If I manually type a script tag into th...

jhtmlarea width 0px when used within ajax tabs

first post: lloydz1 wrote: Hi I have an issue that when i use jhtmlarea within ajax tabs the w...

latest post: vtownbarries wrote: Hi, I specifally set the width and height in the style attribute of...

cut, copy, paste - not working

first post: kyleiwaniec wrote: The cut, copy and paste functions are not working for me (FF, Safa...

How to drop a content in jhtmlarea.

first post: charmi wrote: I want to use drag and drop control. It is working fine in html vie...

Moving jHtmlArea object after plug-in added using jquery

first post: phanf wrote: I have a textarea with the jHtmlArea plug-in added to my page, but ...

css styling jhtmlArea.css

first post: jpotter747 wrote: I would like to control the separation distance of the paragraphs i...

latest post: aslh wrote: If you install a tool like firebug in firefox you can easyly find t...

Pasting youtube video HTML code

first post: dabeat wrote: Hi,I've just try to paste the youtube videos HTML embedding code in...

latest post: polkila wrote: 1. init$('textarea').htmlarea({css: '/inc/css/jHtmlArea-inner.css'}...

Output XHTML

first post: dcrowell wrote: Can I get jhtmlarea to output XHTML instead of malformed HTML? Is t...

latest post: crpietschmann wrote: jHtmlArea uses the browser's DOM to generate the HTML. The actual H...

cannot reattach jhtmlarea

first post: daudihus wrote: Hi,After successfully displaying jHtmlarea inside of a popup (using...

latest post: aslh wrote: a bit more detail? What do you mean with "reattach"? You mean you w...

Page not valid because of '<br>' tag

first post: baneizalfe wrote: Hello. My page gets html invalid because of the <br> tag. How do I ...

latest post: cerkit wrote: You'll want to use the SGMLReader to clean up your HTML and make it...

Access function from outside element?

first post: Ungjaevel wrote: Sample code:$(function() { $("#form_showHTMLview_butto...

latest post: aslh wrote: Works now! With a damn workaround. In the loaded method i define my...

can't access editable area

first post: FabioG1 wrote: I'am having a big problem with this plugin but only on firefox.When...

latest post: aslh wrote: I had the same problem and it was due to having some other scripts ...

textblock button - deleting headline tags

first post: aslh wrote: to change a headline to a textblock i want to use this.getSelectedH...

Trying to change Image Editing Behaviour

first post: aslh wrote: Hi,i am trying to integrate jHtmlArea to a System that has a media ...

Dynamic width?

first post: Shaggy wrote: I don't like to set cols and rows for width but use CSS percentage ...

latest post: Shaggy wrote: nevermind, this can be overwritten with css.div.jHtmlArea { displa...

Select a element using its class.

first post: bsjaffer wrote: Hi, I am added a style dropdown in RTE. and inserting custom style....

jUI Resizeable method?

first post: trustdnb wrote: Im trying to JQuery UI .resizable() to make the jHTMLarea editor re...

latest post: charlietfl wrote: Here's a solution that so far seems to be working: $('textarea').ht...

removeFormat, formatBlock, and insertHorizontalRule issues

first post: jjblodg wrote: Using IE7 and FF 3.6.12. I'm using the main files from jhtmlarea b...

addClass("highlighted"), removeClass("highlighted") not working?

first post: wallinglee wrote: The "a.highlighted" class exists in the css file and in the js scri...