This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Content not remembered

Dec 12, 2009 at 10:11 AM
Edited Dec 12, 2009 at 10:51 AM

Content is not remembered until I switch to source (HTML) view each time I change the content.

Sep 15, 2010 at 2:36 AM

Im finding that mine is doing the same thing. What I found when looking at the code with FireBug while editing the text... the text in the code wasn't being changed. I've found that I can hit HTML button or edit the content with bold or anything else it sometimes fixes it.

Need help though on why this is happening as I'm not the one that will be using the form.

Nov 3, 2010 at 2:32 AM

hi.

am having the same issue. will not remember the content unless i click the html button.
I am implementing a website whcih will have about 50 people who will need to log in and change content via the wysiwyg editor and i dont want to have to tell them all to "click the htmlbutton first" seems a bit dodgy.

can someone please post back here with an answer. its obvous that we three are not the only folk in the world this is happening to.

cheers

Nov 19, 2010 at 10:47 PM

The JHtmlTextArea automatically copies data from the internal IFrame to the TEXTAREA based on events.  The problem is that some browsers don't fire the events consistently (for example: The apply color button doesn't always update the TEXTAREA).

A simple solution which works on IE/FF/Chrome is to simply invoke the update to textarea method like this:

$("#textarea").htmlarea("updateTextArea");